Thread: Confirmed with Link: Flyers sign Cullen Eddy
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 11:24 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Well, I guess those contract slots don't mean a thing. There is no limit, right?
There shouldn't be a problem with contract space this year. I think we're at 45 with the Eddy signing (assuming Cousins and Mathers will slide, and all the rfa's will return). There shouldn't be the need for any Akeson+6th for future consideration trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I know last year when he was sent down to the ECHL, McManus said he was outplaying most of the Phantoms but was sent down strictly because most of them had NHL contracts and he did not. According to his tweets Cullen is a great team guy and was very well liked by Paterson.

I don't remember much about him from the Phantoms games I watched but I guess thats a good thing
Heart and soul type of guy from what I gather. Stands up for his teammates despite not being all that big (as far as professional hockey goes at least). I'm a little bit surprised they did this though, since we're already having quite a few defenders under contract who will play with the Phantoms. I'd have thought they'd given a spot to Roe after the way he played last year, small as he is he was pretty solid and seemed to have some chemistry with Akeson.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote