View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
"There was a sense this season that Tortorella's message was no longer getting through to players in the locker room, however Feaster rejected the notion that the fiery coach lost the team.

"I don't think that it was a matter of losing the locker room. Sometimes the message, especially if communicated by the same person, is not received maybe the way it was years ago," the GM said, adding that there also were times this season when he and Tortorella didn't see eye-to-eye on things.
"
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3424571

In that article it says that he lost the team...and he wanted to be let go although later he backed down on that . It says the team did not want to buy into his style or system anymore .

When I read stuff like that I do wonder when such a meltdown might happen here...guys do not like blocking a ton of shots year after year especially the more well payed fellows regardless of what you may want to believe . A few select will always do it...but certainly not everybody .
Torts lost it with the ice time in Tampa. Look at some of the stats from the last 3-4 PO's he coached that team in. He put his star forwards on the ice for like 25-28 minutes per game and rode them tremendously hard. It was down right destructive.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote