View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Great points. I would, however, line up Nilan with Kocur. Both guys could take a regular shift. Nilan, was the meanest player that I recall the Rangers dressing.

McPhee is forgotten about, but he could pack a wallop. Remember his fight with Tochet in the playoffs?

That said, I will say that Orr's knockout of Fedoruk exercised over 30 years of frustrating when it comes to the Flyers. And was a turning point in the rivalry. No longer are the Rangers intimidated or get pushed around by Philly.
Fotiu' fight with Wilson was legendary in terms of the rivalry too. At the time Wilson was running through the rest of the league and was considered among the best at the trade. They squared off at center ice and Nicky popped him good, almost knocking him on his arse. Rangers instantly got alot of respect in a building where they had Zero respect. At the time that fight was the equivalent of the Orr/Fedoruk scrap.

Kocur brough that back when he came to NY. I will never forget the pregame before a Rangers/Flyers game at MSG. There was a clip of Claude Boivin. JD was talking up how tough Boivin was. In the clip the guy was curling big weight in the locker room. Fast forward to game time. Boivin challenges Kocur off a face off. They shed the mitts. Kocur one punches Boivin to the ice. Priceless!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote