View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Fidel Astro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
^ one hundred percent nonsense. You better start backing those claims up with some links, buddy.
I don't need to. He writes Bible verses on his sticks. He's well-known for not swearing. Others have referenced that on this very thread. Everyone is well aware that he's a religious nut.

My theory about why he denied the racism stuff is just that... my theory. I never claimed that it was proven fact.

As for the issues with Winnipeg, there was a whole discussion on the HF Jets forum specifically about whether Doan should be booed or not. Our local papers even discussed whether Doan had been offensive or not to this city and its fans. It was a big issue.

I know we boo people every game here in Winnipeg, but Doan was booed longer and louder than pretty much anyone else all season. I was at the game. It was a very charged atmosphere. There's obviously a reason why that happened, and it's not that he's an ex-Jet. When Teemu Selanne came back as a Duck, Jets fans gave him a standing ovation pretty much every time he touched the puck... and he was playing for the other team. Winnipeggers met him at the airport in the middle of the night. The man is absolutely adored here.

Doan isn't. In fact, quite the opposite. So you have to assume there's a reason for that, and not just that he used to play here.