Thread: Speculation: The D-situation
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Digable5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Sekera is probably the best trade chip we have on D given his contract value + play last season. I'd be ok with moving him for the right deal. I see Pysyk as a viable long-term replacement for him if he is moved. McNabb fits into the "make the Sabres tougher to play against" mentality, so I'd be a bit surprised if he gets moved, especially since he probably slots nicely into Regehr's role long-term. Leopold is definitely tradeable, but he's not going to get great return...We'd probably get more for him if we held onto him until the trade deadline, because there's always some playoff-bound team desperate for more reliable veteran defensemen.

In any case, I will be shocked if we go into the season with all the defensemen we have now.
I agree that his trade value could indeed be better at the deadline, but if we're in a good playoff spot at that point we're more likely to lose him for nothing. I could live with that but if we can make a move that will improve our team now than I make it.

Lets say Sekera could be an important piece to one of our big moves, Leopold can be packaged with a pick or prospect for a Center like Berglund I'm hoping. Maybe that's not what they want but Id explore.

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote