Thread: Prospect Info: Development Camp 2012 July 6th-10th
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 04:04 PM
losingsand

vCash: 500
i see what you mean about forecasting.

i believe it was the 2010 development camp which had Martinez and Lewis there. Both received much hype from lombardi and both did nothing to make me think that they would be in the NHL. i looked at both during this camp and thought and especially lewis who was by far the oldest draftee at development camp...2006 1st round draftee at a 2010 development camp... thought that there was no way he would make an impact as an NHLer. Same with Martinez... both had non stand-outy camps.

Turns out i was definitely wrong about it... though i have been somewhat right about certain forecastings: Loktionov / Voynov / Simmonds / Moller / Clifford

Players i already like in camp:

Nic Deslaurier: smooth skater / great vision / great escapability / good passer / can lay on the big hit. only weakness i really see is that his point shot is pretty weak.

Linden Vey: quiet in his first impression, but improving camp to camp. Put up huge numbers in the WHL and played very well in the AHL last year. I look to see him stand out here in camp. Good overall skill and anticipation...still wondering about strength and work in the corners.

Michael Schumacher: I believe he was our last pick in the 2011 draft, but his size and his hands are good enough for him to be considered in the NHL. the combination is deadly and if he can refine the other fundamentals, i think he's got a real shot.

Andreoff: good combination of grit and skill. not a big guy but he's tankish in size and tough to move off the puck... he's also got some nastyness to him with a bit of a scoring touch. We do a great job of developing bottom 6 forwards.... definitely looking forward to seeing him for a 2nd year

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote