View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I know you're already well aware of this, but for the sake of defining this for the audience, "Market rate" is whatever the market will bear.
I'm not saying your wrong.

But, it's the market rate of a broken and unrealistic and unattainable market. Much like saying you were getting a fair deal for a loaf of bread in the Weimar Republic or for a 1300 sqft condo in California in 2004

We sit here and say deals like Stoll and Penner's are fair or even a discount and I can't help but laugh. Then you go to other boards and people are defending signing Jiri Hudler to his deal, you here things like "Well, LA got Penner and Stoll who had 7 and 6 goals each for 3.25, Hudler isn't that bad" then you have Canucks fans saying "Garrison's deal is fair, he even gave us a hometown discount, look what Wideman got" , and now you'll have Wings fans saying "Suter is worth 7+ million, look what Garrison got" and if it isn't stopped whoever signs Weber for 9 next season will say "He is worth 9, look what Suter got" and then whoever gets Parise will say he is worth whatever he gets because Hudler got 4, Penner got 3.5, Jones got 4 for 37 points. It's an endless cycle of ridiculous inflation that is going to damage the game we all love.

And yes, I agree with you it's nice to see the Kings in such good shape financially. Having Doughty, Richards, Carter and Kopitar signed to long term deals with the ridiculous money being thrown around right now is great. But it's not going to mean anything if there is no hockey being played this fall.

Last edited by Herby: 07-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.