Thread: Confirmed Trade with Link: [OTT/CBJ] Nick Foligno for Marc Methot
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 04:48 PM
EpicNeilTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
I really think you Sens fans are way too cup-half-full about this.

This was terrible - I don't know why some of you are denying it. It's honestly not even close to fair value.

I refuse to believe Methot is substantially better than Kuba - and I doubt the fact that he is at all, Kuba was great in Ottawa for all but 1 year and was an excellent fit with Karlsson.

There was no need to ditch Kuba and give up a valuable asset for someone who is at best a lateral move from Kuba.

Latendresse is absolutely a step down from Foligno - we downgraded at both spots, plain and simple.
I'm not sure how we downgrade if we're adding great additions to the team in Zibanejad, Silfverberg, and Stone. All will arguably be better then Foligno and he was the odd man out. He was going to be traded soon, so you might as well address our biggest need which is a top 4 D. Adding Latendresse is adding depth to our 3rd line with Smith and Regin. Add in Greening, Condra, Neil, and O'Brien is looking good to me. Greening/Regin/Latendresse/Smith are all capable of 40 points, and for a 3rd line that's fantastic.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote