View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 07:00 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
As a Flyer fan who watched every game, I can agree with most of that. My argument agasint the Flyers signing him last year was that he'd not played in more than 50 games in 3 years and in Lavvy's high octane run n gun system, his stamina and legs would give out by Mid Feb.
That system is a taxing one physically and mentally and it wears down al the Flyers, not just him. For the last 2 years, they've done the same thing -come out guns blazing in Oct, racking up points, and then by Feb, they begin to slow down and March isn't good and they run out of gas in the playoffs.

Jagr is much better suited to a slower , defensive first system. I think he knew that and it was a part of were he went, given he had 21 offers. His skill and talent in a defensive system, slower paced, lower scoring games, will give him more opportunity to excel and make thse minutes count, esp on the PP where he's very good. That was one of the criteria that was important to him.
By what we saw of him, and what his teammates said,he's a great teammate and a workout nut, something that Giroux said motivted him to work out better and that set a good example for the younge players, who also took a page from his workout ethic. I know he had a bit influence on Giroux last year and was a key component in his breakout year, Giroux spoke out post season and urged the Flyers to resign him, he wantd him back that much

It's a good match for Jagr in Dallas and I also think Whitney will have another good year, which will help the Stars offense.
Well put response from an opposing team's fan amidst the muck that usually dribbles down from opposing fans. Much appreciated.

I don't think I'd worry about him running out of gas in the playoffs. If we even make it to the post-season this year, it'd be a success.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote