View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Well put response from an opposing team's fan amidst the muck that usually dribbles down from opposing fans. Much appreciated.

I don't think I'd worry about him running out of gas in the playoffs. If we even make it to the post-season this year, it'd be a success.

Quote:
On a serious note, Thanks for this perspective! I assume our system is going to change at least a little bit, as our top 6 is now less defensively oriented. I would hope they can get Jagr pp time but keep his minutes under control to avoid him running out of gas/
You're both welcome, I am a Flyers fan first, but a HUGE hockey fan, and a Kings fan since Richards (my favorite player in the NHL -warrior) got traded, but I watch a lot of games on NHL Center Ice and by the way the Stars have two of the best announcers I've heard, very nice to hear play by play and commerntary as objective as they were.

I saw a lot of Stars games (love Benn...) and think that Jagr will help in several areas, including the PP. How many games did the Stars lose or go into OT in a low scoring game? He's a guy that can be the game changer in the 3rd and esp. in OT, he's that fast and skilled breaking over the blue line.

Also, he was a HUGe influence and leader to the younger guys, and we all saw how hel helped elevate Giroux game, pushing him to do better, on and off the ice. And he did have odd workouts habits, including sessions at the practice facilty at midnight on non game days. Don't underestimate how that kind of leadership can motivate and influence players around him to play harder and better.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote