View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Is Pyatt directly replacing Hagelin? Probably not, but, Hagelin's a likely bottom six player, and the Pyatt just added additional depth to the bottom six. If the price is two roster players not named Callahan, Richards, Kreider or Stepan, you just added depth to make Hagelin available. Again, Hagelin shouldn't be a hold up on a deal for Nash.

I agree with a few other poster who believe that Miller has been made off limits in light of his development camp performance. I also believe the organization believes that Hagelin can be replaced internally in the coming years.
I don't see any linkage between Pyatt and Hagelin. I realize more than most here (having been a fan since the 1960s) that sooner or later younger players are going to be traded in order to fill in the holes needed to win a Stanley Cup, but the only tea leaf I read in this signing is that Fedotenko won't be re-signed. This signing doesn't lead Sather to hit the speed dail button and throw Hagelin into the mix for Nash. I have no doubt he's one of the players who's been on the table, but that was true regardless of whomever Sather signed to replace Fedotenko.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote