View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 09:57 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Lou Lamoreillo(sp?) did on a hunch, and it was doubly weird because Stevens signing an offer sheet with St.Louis was probably predicted by everyone at the time. St.Louis originally acquired him in an offer sheet, lost him for compensation for another offer sheet, basically, they loved their offer sheets. And Stevens apparently was pissed he had to leave. Just made sense, yet they did it anyway. Maybe that was the story you heard of, but I definitely never heard of having dinner with a scout, every story I've heard said Louie just felt something wasn't the matter.
The Stevens one what set it off was a meeting between Stevens and the blues if I am not mistaken. The reason why everyone knew Steven was going to try to go back to the Blues becuase the GM at the time said "We will find a way to get him back". As for the scout and the dinner meeting, I think it was the Sabres involved in that some how

here is the steven thing

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/01/05/sp...ring-case.html

According to wiki, the blues met with Stevens prior to the opening if RFA season. I believe the meeting was known at the time, but the NHL needed to investigate to see what was discussed at this meeting

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote