View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Wheatking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypuck View Post
Klefbom would be a throw in on a possible Shea Weber deal. The Oilers need blueline help now rather than a couple/three seasons down the road. Selling the farm of current availables to Poile would put all the Oilers blueline concerns in the rear view mirror.

Klefbom may be too little too late as far as Oiler interests go. If Suter leaves the Predators at the alter, that would make Webers decision a whole lot easier if he's considering seeking greener pastures.
I doubt Weber even considers Edmonton.

...and I'd trade Schultz before Klefbom. Everything I've heard about the kid is impressive. Everything he says is impressive. Everything I watched him do at the development camp yesterday(won every single battle) was impressive. Dustin Nielson saying that 4 of 5 scouts that he asked think Klefbom will be better than Murray doesn't hurt either.

Klefbom isn't too late. He's one more season away from being an NHL regular at 20 years old. I don't see the point in bringing him in next season though. Why rush things? He'll be our 6th Dman. Why not let him receive good minutes in the SEL? Kruger can shelter Schultz this season and then shelter Klefbom in 2013-14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Seems unlikely Ralph would promise Klefbom minutes, considering they wouldn't even guarantee minutes for Schultz and he is older and a needed RH shot.

I am fine if Klefbom plays in the NHL next year, as long as he earns it in camp and proves he is clearly a top 5 guy on this team.

If he is a 6/7 guy, let him play in Sweden or the AHL where he can get 20 minutes a night and then let him come in next year.

There is really no rush.
I know they're saying that but I don't believe it at all.