View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
The Kings have 14 forward spots next season.

Locks (10)

Kopitar
Brown
Richards
Carter
Williams
Penner
Stoll
Gagne
Fraser
Lewis

Close to Locks (1)
King

I am tempted to put King in the locks, he looked so good in the playoffs, I would be shocked if he didn't make the team. But he will have to earn his spot.

So that leaves Nolan, Clifford, Richardson, Westgarth, Loktionov and any of the AHL guys battling for the remaining spots. And that doesn't even factor in potentially signing another NHL player, such as Doan, who would take another spot.

Westgarth is a non factor in any of this. If he is waived he has almost no chance of being claimed (see Colton Orr). Westgarth seems like a great guy, so I am happy he was able to sign an NHL contract, play almost 100 NHL games and score a goal, but guys like him are a dying breed around the league.

Loktionov needs an entire year in Manchester. I think everyone agrees.

I don't dislike Clifford as a player, and think he offers a unique game, but I have doubts about his game sense, his offensive potential and whether he can play his style and stay healthy. I am not as sold on our 18-23 year old d-man as I am on our 18-23 year old forwards. If the Kings could get a good young d-man in the 18-21 range for Clifford I would do it.

Last edited by Herby: 07-03-2012 at 10:39 PM.