Old
07-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
This is exactly how I feel.
Three NHL teams have deemed him to be nothing more than a depth defenseman, including defense factory Nashville.
He had a nice run with us but I'm not counting on him being anymore than a depth guy.
OMG that's what I'VE SAID! Why doesn't anybody quote MY posts and give ME credit!!?!?

It's because of the Hodgson/Kassian trade, isn't it?

Anyways, like I said Sulzer is a HUGE question mark. He was going through an emotional high in his personal and professional life. With a baby on the way, a new team with some fellow comrades, and the opportunity to actually play the game that he loves as opposed to sitting in the press box. I wouldn't even be surprised if Ehrhoff made mention of Sulzer before the trade was made.

With all of that in mind, who is Sulzer when he's not riding an emotional wave and when he's facing tougher forwards for 80+ games? That's perhaps the biggest question on that blueline. We know he's not overly physical, or overly fast, but HE IS smart and resourceful. We need to allow him to play his way out of a top 4 spot, because he certainly earned his way in.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote