Thread: Speculation: Ryan Suter
View Single Post
Old
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
obey86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I know he probably isn't, but...how do you know there's way more money on the table elsewhere?

All I know is that it's been confirmed by Poile that we put an offer in on Parise. It has also been confirmed by him that we have NOT been told that we're out of it. Meanwhile, other teams (like the Stars, according to their official Twitter feed) have been told by Parise's agent that he's going in a different direction.

He may or may not have a list of 5 teams that we may or may not be on...but the confirmed facts don't eliminate us.

I told y'all, the longer this drags on the more delusional and optimistic I get!

P.S.
I still want to know if Detroit or Minnesota plans on signing them both, how the eff are they going to make that work with their current cap situations? Both teams still have other roster holes to fill as well.
The Wings arent going to sign both players regardless..... but right now we have an overabundance of forwards. Some would get waived or traded if need be. Mostly 4th line replaceable fodder.

Last I heard this was our cap space:

24 million - 5 (estimated for RFAs Quincey and Abdelkader) - 1.5 (Gustavson) - 3 (Samuelsson) - 1.8 (Tootoo) = 12.7 million

We offered Suter 6.9 mil cap hit a year so that leaves 5.77.

Waive/trade a few forwards and you're right at the cap if you sign Parise.