View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 12:42 AM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Gillis said on a Vancouver radio station today that there were quite a few teams interested. You might be completely right that Toronto may not trade with Van. Who knows maybe another team other than Toronto and Florida will end up Lu. I think in the end when we go back and look at the eventual trade and the commentary before it, this will be a classic case of HFboards undervaluing a player.
No doubt, although I have no idea why he could be undervalued. He's a franchise goalie under contract at a very respectable cap hit for any team.

I mentioned in the last thread that it is a dangerous freakn' game Burke is playing here with the Canucks. They are in a position to land a franchise goalie and significantly improve their team for the better. A chance to be a legitimate playoff contender for the next 5-6 years. A chance to give their team some credibility with the rest of the league and actually make it a place where players might want to play. A franchise goalie immediately pays off in many aspects. Too me that is more valuable then a cpl top prospects that may or may not turn out to be impact players.

If Burke strikes out on Luo then they head into the season with Reimer as their number one goalie and most likely another frustrating season of avg hockey and no playoffs.