View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
I just now thought of this earlier today. When Marty said he would talk it over for two weeks with his family I think he knew all along he was coming back to play again. I think what he discussed with his family was discussing if they were fine with him playing for two more years. Not that this is hard to realize, and I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this. Just throwing it out there.

It is a treat cause I would have though Marty would have retired 4-5 years ago with the wear, and tear and all the games played. I definitely didn't see him playing to 2014 or even past 2010 if you asked me at any time before he signed that last contract in 06. He said his level of play answered a lot of questions about if he could play more. He sounded in 2010/2011 like he would be done after this last year. Everyone was down in the dumps then though cause of the losing. Even Patty said he would be LONG retired by then when someone asked something to him about the 2018 Olympics which he would be 42. Long retired to me meant he probably would have retired 4-5 years before that.

Glad Marty, and Moose are back! 83 year old tandem by the time the contracts end!

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote