View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 08:13 AM
dubplatepressure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilma View Post
Main board put together an interesting idea...Peter Mueller.

Guy has plenty of lingering injury issues, and his conditioning was apparently quite brutal last year...but he sounds like a real potential reclamation project. He's always had plenty of talent and was really on his way up before his concussion after being given an expanded role in Colorado.

If we did make a play for one of the bigger fish in the trade market this off-season and it wore down some of our depth at forward (ie. think trading for Luongo and having to give up Mac or Kulemin etc.) I wouldn't mind giving the Mueller a try. I don't expect much more than a 1-year, $1MM contract...which is really a very low risk proposition.

At worst you get a few games out of him at the beginning of the season until he's hurt or not performing (at which point you bring the kids in). At best, you get a guy with a new lease on life that has always had awesome upside.

Would be interested in some thoughts around here...
I think we all kicked this idea around a bit here. Problem is he's a 2nd line winger and we already have a glut of them. I'd love to see a team take a chance on him and I'd even love that to be us - huge upside and no risk involved. But we can't spare the roster space for him right now.