Thread: Speculation: The D-situation
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Sabresfansince1980

vCash: 500
I would like to think Roy could be traded for Ott plus a more valuable player than Pardy, but Pardy at 2 mil actually seems to have negative value to me, like you say as a salary dump. This actually reinforces my belief that Roy's trade value was very low, and would've been better at the trade deadline (because I'm convinced with a healthy season he'd be at a 60 pt pace).

So now we have this logjam that I can only assume means one or two will be traded. But Pardy may very well end up a Kotalik/Morrisonn scenario, and Regier may only be able to trade some of these players (like pending FA Brennan) for picks after camp when other teams are shoring up their roster depth. For any of these d-men below Myers, Ehrhoff, and maybe Sekera, to be pieces of a significant trade, the other pieces will have to be Adam, Armia, Pysyk, and draft picks. I'm not sure Adam can be sold as the 2nd line C that some teams are looking for (Anh, Van), or even as a potential 2nd line C.

If Adam can't be shopped that way then I'm afraid we won't get anything exciting (Ryan) in return for our depth at defense. SJ needs wingers and has seven d-men under contract, so maybe Adam could be shopped as a LW with Armia/picks for Pavelski.

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote