View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 09:30 AM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I'm quite OK with the flyers sitting pat here.

There is no need to make a move. This is the time to put faith in your scouts and your drafted talent. Oh hell, we might even have some cap space to make a splash at the deadline too for the first time in 10 years.

Hartnell - Giroux - ?
Simmonds - Schenn - Voracek
Briere - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Holmstrom - Talbot
Wellwood

Timonen - Gustaffson
Coburn - Grossman
Mezaros - Schenn

I have a great deal of faith in Gus, I believe the flyers brass are extremely high on him also. I will take a massive hit on this, but I believe he will be another Timonen. For anyone worried about his defensive side, he was only a +12 last season. I personally think that he's here to replace Carle this season. He will be solid defensively and will put up similar numbers offensively given PP time.

For claudes right wing dilema, There are several options available in free agency. Semin for one year, Doan. There are also options available through trade, and i'm not talking about nash here.
I think most of us want to see him be the next JM Liles before we start calling him the next Kimo. I thnk they have more faith in Bourdon then Gus. I would honestly like to see all of the d prospects (Gus, Laurisden, Manning, Bourdon) get a full season under T. Murray if possible and bring in a vet like Hannan or Roszival. They look to upgrade at the deadline.