Thread: Speculation: The D-situation
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
I don't think Regher has regressed that much. Regehr-Sekera was a fine pair last season and I think that should continue next season.
I hope that Ruff tries the Myers-Regehr pairing for more than just 8-10 games - they talked so much last summer about how Myers looked up to Regehr and the tutoring that could help Myers overall game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupWanted View Post
Okay this Pardy thing just makes no sense to me. I wish one of Buffalo's adept journalists had asked if we acquired Pardy ala Kotalik. Simply a cap dump. I want to know if he was forced on us or if Regier actually requested him. It just doesn't mae sense to add this fringe guy unless we're expecting to move 2 dmen.
As others have posted, Regier wouldn't make disparaging remarks about a new acquisition or dispel any optimism he'd want that new player to have about competing for a job - the Pardy situation seems identical to the Kotalik one, with several Dallas media sources citing that the Sabres had to take him on to even out the cap hits between Roy and Ott.

Vogl already noted in his reports that Pardy may get buried in Rochester like the Sabres did with Morrisonn.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote