*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread
View Single Post
07-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Soon the 18-year-old Olli Maatta is a Finnish ice hockey the greatest promise. He left Finland and Jyväskylä JYPin in order to play ice hockey and attending a school in North America. He moved to London, Ontario, Canada called the city, and is now playing London Knights hockey team.
- The relocation decision was not easy, but I've always wanted an exchange student year. I wanted to see life somewhere else and play the puck, so what could be better than to get to Canada to play and to school, Maatta said.
Maatta London Knights play the number one team. OHL's junior class status should not be fooled.
- Nine-thousand spectators a game, was great to get there to play. Not to write autographs after every game, Maatta said.
NHL's A young
If the OHL-league compared to the world of Finnish hockey, it's kind of the NHL's A-juniors. The scale is in the same way bigger than in Finland.
- OHL has become a lot of NHL players. It is one of a natural route for the highest level series, Maatta said.
The reception in London and the OHL has a been a good one.
- I am clearly not the first European, which they receive. Well we were aware of the problems of the migrant family, away from living and kielenkin with said Maatta.
First round pick
Pittsburgh Penguins reserved Olli Määttä NHL first round pick number 22 It means that the Penguins have a tough expectations of young Finnish team to play defense, sometimes in the coming years.
- Does not know in advance of any bookings. In fact, I thought that I could be in positions 50-60, but it was a smaller number, Maatta said.
The provision involves a lot more than the previous player for the monitoring and the event itself.
- During the period, already has a lot of interviews with the teams. Teams will want to know what kind of person the player is. As they know the type of player is all about. In addition to the tests. Quite a flour mill, it is, and the days are long in the reserve below, Maatta said.
Choosing the downstream OHL in
Maatta's Holiday, and now is training in the summer in Finland. Closer to autumn is in front of the return to Canada and London.
- I would be able to play JYPiinkin, but I enjoyed the OHL in gaming. I see no reason now to return, despite the fact that JYP is a junior for the best organization in Finland, which develop into ammattikiekkoilijaksi, Maatta said.
- It is better to play in North America, get used to the game the way, and a smaller rink, he said.
During the summer, Maatta also is training twice in Pittsburgh in the camps.
- I'm trying to convince know-how, but NHLään is not really a rush. The most important thing is that NHLään mennessän is complete. It may take a year or five years AHL's through, but the sights are on a long career.Undo edits
automatically translated by Google
DictionaryGoogle Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market FinderTurn off instant translationAbout Google TranslateMobilePrivacyHelpSend feedback
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by aresknights