View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Freaky Styley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
And who does Hejduk play with then?

I am not opposed to adding Semin at the right price, but one of the other Avs forwards is going to get screwed.

It is REALLY hard to justify breaking up the O'Reilly line right now, both because of how well it worked last year AND because it gives you that line to match up against other teams top units.

Lando-O'Reilly-Downie

Then that leaves you with two lines looking for a winger.

Stastny-Jones
Duchene-PA

Hejduk did not just sign back for one more year to play on the 4th line, meaning he has to play in one of those two spots. IMO Hejduk has never had any real chemistry with Jones or Stastny, meaning he logically goes with Duchene and PA. The Stastny-Jones combo looked good with McGinn last year and could use the bit of sandpaper that he brings. Putting either Hejduk or Semin on the Stastny line removes that grit.

Presuming that you are OK with losing the grit/energy on the Stastny line, that leaves you with, in no particular order...

Lando-O'Reilly-Downie
Semin-Stastny-Jones
PA-Duchene-Hejduk
McGinn-Mitchell-McLeod

Now, that may seem great to get Kobasew off the roster, but I can't imagine McGinn would be happy and IMO its a waste of a talented forward who SHOULD be playing top 6 minutes.

That leaves the team possibly trading McGinn.
Exactly, like I said after day 1, it's likely that we're done. If not, it will be to fill a need on D and/or sign a depth forward as an extra/4th line duties. Even then we would have to trade a D so I don't get what all this Semin talk is about. I'd rather us save the cap space for next year and go after that FA crop.