Old
07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Loktionov also wasn't a top 10 pick and Granlund has been playing in Finland against Men, nothings guaranteed and of course every Kings fan would take the Kings lineup over the Wild no questions asked, but I just kind of find it annoying and arrogant that some people (not naming any specific names at all..) are putting every team down because they're lineup isn't the Kings like it's bad or one fanbase shouldn't be excited about their team because it's not LA's, it might just be me but seems some people have become very arrogant after the Cup win, just my personal opinion. Of course we're all excited what happened and that the same team is going next season as well but nothings guaranteed.
Kopitar wasn't a top 10 pick either.

I think the Wild have improved themselves immensely, but are Suter and Parise franchise players? Or are they more like Richards and Carter? Great guys to have on a team and able to put a great team over the top. Is Suter a true #1? Is Parise as valuable as a #1 center? They are being paid to be the top dogs and the Wild will have trouble adding players like a Richards and Carter to fill out the roster if Parise and Suter aren't the answer to the Cup. Kings don't win the Cup last year without Kopitar and Doughty being the top players. Can Suter and Parise be that for the Wild?

That's all that I'm saying. $15+ million per season for Parise and Suter is a huge risk, but it could definitely work out if Koivu can stay health and their prospects can play significant minutes as rookies. I would be excited if I was a Minnesota fan, just like I was excited when the Kings acquired Richards last off season.

I haven't really watched the Wild the past few seasons. Are they a defense only style like the Kings were with Murray? Or are they a balanced style like the Kings are with Sutter?