Thread: Speculation: Shea Weber
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 01:53 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
This could turn into a very interesting situation. I think Nashville will end up shopping Weber, and I think it's pretty clear he's not ready to commit long term to Nashville.

There are also still enough assets available in free agency (Mueller, Doan, Semin, Roszival) that we could fill any holes in the lineup that exist as a result of a Weber trade.

That said, unfortunately, a Weber trade likely starts with Schenn or Couturier. I dont think the brothers are leaving, and I know Homer is attached to Couturier (as we all are). So I dont really know what would happen next. I would imagine Coburn would be a necessity at this point as he carries quite a bit of value:

-Voracek
-Coburn
-MAB/Gus
-1st 2013
-1st 2014

for Weber

Then sign Mueller/Semin/Doan, Roszival, and a guy like Winnik if there's room, and go into next season with this:

Hartnell-Giroux-Schenn
Simmonds-Briere-Read
Talbot-Couturier-Mueller
Winnik-Homstrom-Rinaldo

Weber-Schenn
Timonen-Meszaros
Roszival-Grossman

To be honest, I'm not sure what I think of this. I'd almost rather hang onto our assets and go for the home run at the deadline or take a gamble on 7/1/13.
That's even more than we gave up for Pronger... and Weber isn't Pronger. And what if Weber doesn't want to sign longterm with us? It would be a huge risk and an overpayment imo.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote