View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 02:51 PM
BillDineen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Hold on, hold on, put the tar and feathers down! (Didnt see a Semin thread, sorry if one exists)

IF the Flyers could acquire Semin on a reasonable contract, would you take him to play wing with Giroux?

Here is why I mention this:

1) It would come at an obviously less cost then acquiring one of Nash or Ryan via trade. Are there other wingers out there potentially available for less then the supposed asking price of one of Schenn or Couts + ?

2) He would be dynamite with Giroux and has superb stats. Despite the flack he gets about effort on occassion, over the past 4 seasons he is 5th in the NHL with a plus 92. Avg of 68 points over that span, and 30 goals. while playing an avg of 70 games a year.

3) I think he would do well here. As we all know, he has been known to dog it on occassion, okay I get that. We also know that Lavy doesnt allow that. Comparing him to Zherdev is unfair as Zherdev didnt think he should have to change his game to get minutes in Philly, where as IMO Semin has at the least made an effort at both ends of the rink. As his +/- would indicate as well. Additionally, the coaches in Washington were pushovers, they let their players play however the hell they wanted, there was IMO little structure there. Him entering into a structured system may help.

What are you thoughts on what he would cost, and the term length he'd want.

If it was anything over 4 years I would be skeptical, but he is the most talented player that remains, and comes at the least cost from out roster.

Hartnell - Giroux - Semin
Schenn - Briere - Voracek
Simmonds - Couts - Read
Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo/Sestito/Harry Z etc.

Thats a pretty potent offense and allows us to keep the young stars we want to see develop here, as well as retaining depth for any potential later move for a D-man.

Thoughts?
4)
I would guess he has similar KHL options to what Radulov had. As such, he might not take any discount. He has been called out as a bad teammate. I really want no part of him on the Flyers.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote