View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 02:57 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwhaler View Post
Well...Poti's groin wasn't shredded when he got his extension, Kolzig got a two-year extension in the middle of the rebuilding when he was 35 and posting a .910 save percentage with said rebuilding team, and I'm not sure which draftee you're referring to (it wasn't AnGus).
to be factual, poti's groin was never shredded. his groin was fully healed when he signed the extension, however, the actual injury and cause for the groin trouble had not been correctly diagnosed yet.

if you hadnt heard, poti fractured his pelvis at somepoint in his career and it was never diagnosed or treated. it healed on its own improperly and the change geometry started to stress that groin muscle. this is why it cant be repaired.

so, yes. his groin muscle was at 100% strenth when he signed the new contract and yes, he was also not healthy. it broke down again as soon as he tried to play more than a couple games in a week.

edit: i dont see a lot of whining and crying about mcphee missing the boat on suter or parise. does that mean that the 13 year contracts and the tandem signing with a non playoff team that is home for one shows that the caps couldnt have signed either of them regardless? thats sort of how it appears to me.

Last edited by txpd: 07-04-2012 at 03:06 PM.