View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
I agree with you on Crombeen for sure as north of a million is fairly pricey for the role he will play.

D'Ags I could see only because of the huge glut of wingers we have now and he appears to be the odd man out.

Russell only makes 1.3 and he's an RFA after this contract expires. Depending on what you can get, I think it makes more sense to trade Cole who we perceive to have a higher value.

Should be interesting to watch.
Russell is a guy that Hitch really likes as well, I'd be surprised to see him moved.

I would assume that Crombeen is linked to Langenbrunner. If we do bring back Langenbrunner, then there isn't space for Crombeen. Sobotka - Nichol - Langenbrunner would be the likely 4th line, and that would leave D'Agostini, Reaves and Crombeen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I could see something similar. I could see Armstrong discussing some deals over the summer, and building a framework for them. If Stewart rebounds, if Cole can't handle top pairing duties, etc, then he pulls the trigger early in camp/the season. Kinda of like how the EJ deal was something that he had discussed for a while before hand with the Avs GM.
That is what I'm expecting, a summer of a lot of talking to other GM's with little to no movement but the potential of an in-season trade.