View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
I'm sorry for your loss guys, really I do. And unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall with Weber.

Nashville is going to get nowhere near market value for Weber because no team is going to make a big trade for him unless they're able to talk to Weber's agent first and be assured that Weber would be interested in signing a longer term contract.

Weber will essentially say no to anyone but the team he is aiming to go to.

That team that he wants to go to is free to talk to Weber NOW... and could go and sign Weber to an offer sheet for one year at 8.4m and that gives Nashville 2 1st, 2nd and a 3rd and basically tells the rest of the league what Webers intentions are.

Poile either matches and keeps Weber for one more year and loses him next summer... or takes the picks.

I think Weber will be dealt VERY soon. I'd be surprised if he was in a Preds uniform next season.

Your offer sheet proposal limits Weber's selections to teams with their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick next year + cap room to make such a deal + a team Weber would be willing to sign an offer sheet for. An unlikely scenario

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote