View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Don't know if serious? Keep in mind that if, big IF we were able to land Weber, we would have a well balanced group of skill. Moving out (Petry, Hemsky, Prv, 1st) would create the roster spots (more balanced) and cap.
things to consider:
1. Hemsky just resigned - Trading him now to a team that would be going down after trading 2 franchise players would suck for him. Not that it matters but he would hate us.

2. Petry - worked great with Smid as a pairing and ate a lot of hard minutes. Could continue to do the same in future and become a top pairing dman.

3. Paajarvi - value is at all time low. Trading him now would be stupid unless EDM has lost all faith in him.

4. 1st - Very deep draft. Could be a Curtis Lazar that we trade away.

5. Signing Weber to a 10-13 year contract.. Do we really want to sign up a player for huge money until he turns 40 ? We would probably have to deal a couple of our "fab 4" just to stay under the cap.

I would reluctantly do this deal because to me Weber is a top 5 player in the NHL. I would be as happy if we kept these depth players and signed a minute eating physical Dman instead. J.Schultz can be good enough on the right point on PP.

If this deal was to happen.. Tambo would become the biggest troll in NHL2012.
top pick after winning the lotto, top UFA(Schultz) and then top Dman.