Thread: Trade Weber?
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
MarkMM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Your offer sheet proposal limits Weber's selections to teams with their own 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick next year + cap room to make such a deal + a team Weber would be willing to sign an offer sheet for. An unlikely scenario
Not trolling, I'm a Preds fan and have been active on your board for years.

So don't get upset, but one thing I'd point out is that Vancouver has its draft picks through the next several years, has cap space now with more to come when Luongo is moved, and can add more cap space when Ballard is moved.

So in short I agree with the rest, sign or move him quickly, if not, what's to stop the Canucks offering an $8-9 million one-year deal? If Preds match, they can't trade him next year iirc and will lose him for nothing next year if Weber is set on coming home. If the Preds don't match, four draft picks from a team that should still be at the higher end of the league hence lower-end draft picks won't be a good return on the guy.

Part of the problem is, I'm wondering if other GM's looking at the Preds are thinking the same thing if they trade for his rights.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote