View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 03:50 PM
PelagicJoe

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
The biggest difference between those teams and the Blues is the high end super-talents on the top forward line. The Blues can compete with the majority of the Defensive corps out of the bunch, but the lack of true scoring prowess on the top line is what really separates the Blues from the Cup Champs. Man that Hawks team in 2010 was so stacked lol.
Wings fan coming in peace, again. I live in STL, so the Blues are my "second team" you could say. Anyway, I always refer to that 2010 cup winning Hawks team as "The Rent-A-Cup" team. They took massive cap hits to get it, and have suffered for it since, IMO. If there's one thing Wings and Blues fans can agree on, it's that the Blackhawks suck.

As far as the present day Blues go, I think you Blues fans have a bright future ahead of you. You've got a good amount of pretty young talent with a couple of older/experienced players in there to balance things out, as well as two awesome brick walls for goalies. I really like Alex Pietrangelo. He kind of reminds me of a young Nick Lidstrom, which spells trouble for my team in the coming years.

One other thing I noticed that was missing in the team comparisons was coaching. I wouldn't mind Hitchcock coaching for my Red Wings. He's made a world of difference between the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 Blues.

PelagicJoe is offline   Reply With Quote