Old
07-04-2012, 05:11 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Yes I did.

Again, coulda shoulda done more since day 1, not just 1 dimensional as he clearly was.

Bottom line is this team must change for the better by ADDING in the opposite area of offense, and not just only focusing on D excessively. Awards he wins or doesn't will not change this fundamental FACT.

No was it was entirely apt.

It's true we didn't have as many guys playing up to the level of our top guys. However, I think more minutes could have been redeployed to other D, especially once we were ahead in games, and that would have made a small but certain benefit to our D, particularly our top D, in keeping them fresher. That is Tort's fault, but it is comparatively small, as it focuses more on time of play and not on the methodology of play.

There is a time and place for shotblocking, diving for the puck, etc.; but go to that well too often, and you see what I'm saying. This year's playoffs again prove my point.

However, my complaint is not limited to our D in isolation. More so it is as to our offense.
Everyone, particularly the Fs we needed to step up and score who were flying on vapor at the end, having been overworked excessively on D throughout the year, clearly had nothing left in the tank

I agree with you as to: thinking and sharing >>> stupidity and selfishness/isolationism.

Happy 4th, RGY, and everyone else
The problem with you bern is you worry too much. You dont show any faith in torts, sather, gorton, clarke, etc. You become so trigger happy, you want so many changes. The Rangers have been going in the right direction for the last three years drafting and developing. Relax, sit back and give sather some time.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote