View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 04:26 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
In the argument of giving up picks vs. prospects/picks/players, I'd most probably choose picks.

While I have no problem trading guys like Petry for a guy like Weber, I really really don't want to hope we go after another top-4 D-man.

If Weber says I'm very interested in re-signing with you guys after a year, and gives some sort of guarantee, I'd definitely be ok giving up 4 1st round picks.

This lineup with Weber is a 6-7-8 seed playoff team imo.

Regards to lack of prospects or whatever (due to loss of 1st rounders), we'd probably have to sell of a few players, Hemsky for example, to get some breathing room cap wise. Chances are it would be for prospects/picks for the most part. Replenishing some of the lost prospects.

Of course this is all a hypothetical, but Weber would be a dream. We're talking about a top-5 D-man in the NHL. Who is still only 27 and has a good 5-7 years of high play left in him. I honestly couldn't give a crap about 4 10-20 range 1st round picks(and that's worst case scenario imo).