View Single Post
Old
04-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

vCash: 500
The two ref system, I think, has made things worse.

Last night, Guelph vs. Plymouth, we get Ryan Carroll calling a good game, calling penalties and letting minor stuff go both ways, the way a playoff game should be called. At the other end, Pat Smola (who else) is letting everything go but then he calls the weakest hook on the face of the earth. It's brutal to see refs facing off against each other.

The worst thing I've seen this year was again, Plymouth vs. Guelph game four, in overtime. Smola is reffing AGAIN and he falls for a James Neal dive (Whaler player) and stops the play as Guelph was racing in on a two on one. 10 seconds into the Whaler PP, Holdsworth, the other ref, basically makes up a call when a Guelph player fell near a Plymouth player, but wasn't even touched. It was the most blatant example of a make-up call. The opposite ref making the call really spoke volumes about how he didn't want officiating to decide the game so he evened it up. Of course, Plymouth ended up winning the game on that same 4 on 4, but I think that's beside the point.

Consistency is all we ask for, but consistency is what we'll never get.