Thread: Proposal: Trade Cogliano
View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 06:56 PM
JtotheLew

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Not trying, but you succeeded. And just between you and me, I think you were trying.

And McMillan just turned 22. He had a good rookie campaign and then slumped in his second season. I guess you've either never seen that before, or never seen a young player recover from a sophomore slump. Otherwise, you'd have understood why a gut feeling that McMillan is going to have a good year is a reasonable one.
I genuinely wasn't trying to, I just come to HF to read insightful posts or good discussion, so when a topic comes flooded with posts like ''I hate this guy!'' or ''i have a feeling this guy is going to be awesome one day'' with little to no visible signs of effort put into writing it as well as offering no significant insight into the situation to backup the statement, I get a little annoyed.

On the subject of McMillan I hope I stand corrected, as apart from being a Ducks fan and wanting everyone of our prospects to pan out. I said I've always been a fan of his and loved watching him in the WHL, but it's not like the landscape of our offensive team has changed significantly (at this point in the offseason) for him or like he even dominated in Syracuse. There is a difference between a more traditional sophomore slump and what happened to McMillan last season, he looked 100% out of place in every game that I saw and really made me question whether he would be as good as I once hoped, or if there was something else going on, but maybe I'm over-reacting. I would assume we'll see him one day in the NHL again on a consistent level but I don't know if it will be this coming year.

JtotheLew is offline   Reply With Quote