View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Hey if I made an error at all in the comparison, I believe it's that I overrate Paul Stastny - he's not going to be as good as Ron Francis. Francis I think averaged over a PPG in his entire career, and I don't know if Paul's gonna get there. His success is going to depend on his linemates, and I think that's obvious now into his career. But anyways, I do think Stastny needs to be our second line center for us to win. I just don't see him carrying this team on his back. Are you trying to argue the merits of Stastny or of Ron Francis? I stated in my post up there that I think Ron Francis is one hell of a player already.
I believe he was just stating how different their overall abilities are, which you didn't make clear in your post.

Personally, I believe the better term would be 1b center for success. There aren't a lot of clearcut better centers in the league, having a 1a/1b of Staz/Duchene is pretty much the ideal situation if Duchene returns to his potential.

I still believe that our current 3 centers could not be anymore perfect in the real world (of course they could each be all world... but I digress).

Duchy should be a talented goal scoring center with decent 2-way abilities. Let's say a 35/45 center. Stastny is a talented playmaking center with great 2-way abilities. Let's say 20/50 center. O'Reilly is a talented 2-way center with great defensive abilities. Let's say 25/35 center.

It's pretty much the best case situation as a franchise. None of them are going to get paid like Crosby/Malkin, but all of them together make an elite unit capable of providing any style of play required to win.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote