View Single Post
Old
04-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Khris

vCash: 500
I play floorhockey/floorball in Austria, my team's called "Team Fusion". I'm a goaltender (started out as a forward, but was converted into a fulltime goaltender, when our number one goaltender got injured and couldn't go on playing), but due to injury I've only played four matches this season (4 GP, GA 5, GAA 1.25, 1 SO). We play in an international league with teams from Hungary, Austria and Slovenia and we've just won our semifinal (against last years champion IBC Leoben, the team I played for last season). As a result of the fact that we're facing the Skofja Loka Spiders (Slovenian team) we're already Austrian champion and we'll battle for the international championship next Sunday.
I've also played for Team Austria (as forward and goaltender, my best game was against Georgia, I scored two goals and had one assist).

When I was younger (I'm 26 now) I wanted to play hockey, but they didn't want any girls on the team so I didn't get a chance to play. I got to know floorball while studying in Sweden and when I came back to Austria I searched for a team and decided to give it a shot. That was four years ago. Next winter I'll finally get a chance to play hockey, too, not as a forward like I wished when I was a kid, but as a goaltender. I'm looking forward to it.

Khris is offline   Reply With Quote