View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 08:41 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
So most likely they are staying in Phoenix for the time being?
It would appear that next year is a yes although management is still being cautious. They have started filling and upgrading some key positions in the organization. If the referendum peters out, it would appear they are here for good, or at least until someone wants to pay the nine figure out clause in the new lease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Portzline's window for a trade 2nd-5th is rapidly closing. He'll just extend it again.
The three guys having the worst summer right now are Holmgren, Holland and Portzline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
If Shea Weber pushes for a trade do the Rangers have any assets to offer besides Dubi?

Signing him would probably cost Suter numbers so I guess the Rangers would only sign him if they could steal him (giving up few assets) ? Are my assumptions valid?
If Shea Weber is available, Sather would pay the price and empty the cupboard. We're talking about a 30 minute a game shutdown defenseman, right handed and the mastermind of the best power play in the league. 2nd in Norris (I believe) last two years. Suetr and Weber have been a great combination but make no mistake, Weber is the star attraction. After losing Suter and Hamhuis, if Nashville can't be sure they are keeping Weber, he will be traded this summer.