View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
They bled out $500 million dollars last quarter. If that doesn't smell like demise I don't know what does.

Also, while I agree that someone could buy them, that doesn't mean it will "keep the ship going", case in point Look at Palm. HP took one of the most promising OS' outside of Android and iOS and literally ran it into the ground.

Unless RIM is taken over by someone who understands the mobile industry (like Google), they are done. Another case in point is Nokia, the once shinning bastion of smartphone manufacturers, they decided to partner, EXCLUSIVELY, with an unproven platform that was in it's infancy when iOS and Android were ravaging the mobile space. Yet another ill advised move by people who were extremely shortsighted in the mobile space.
Here's RIMM's balance sheet and demise is far from imminent.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=RIMM&annual

Notice, there's no long term debt ($0.00). Lacking the ability to pay back your loans is really the only reason for going bankrupt because going bankrupt is seeking relief from onerous debt burdens.

RIM is a financially solvent company and that isn't the impression you're giving.

--------------------------

I'm planning to buy one of the RIM Playbook's in the next week or two and I have no concerns about whether RIM stays in business or not and even if they do it doesn't make the Playbook obsolete.

I don't like FUD, (fear, uncertainty and doubt) or companies like Microsoft who used it as a baseball bat to smash smaller companies out of business. It is both bad and wrong.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote