Old
07-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus View Post
Yep. To me those are 1-1 battles (sometimes in terms of just getting outmuscled there) though that need to be won and mental lapses that can't happen.

Basically, the biggest problem I see with this team is that last year the entire d-corps was forced up a bit and playing out of their comfort zone of where they should be slotted. Now with the departure of Visnovsky who took on a bulk of minutes and what looks to me as counting on Souray to be a significant part of this d-corps in the foreseeable future, I just see the same cycle happening again this year.

On a sidenote, whatever happened to Chock Full of Booger/Spanaktola Jamnuts? We were always both in favor of holding the players accountable...even if they happen to play for our favorite team.
That's not losing a 1-on-1 battle, Pwn. That's just an experience issue, as you don't really win or lose that type of play. You either get your stick on their stick, or you don't. Expecting no mistakes from a 19/20 year old isn't even a little realistic. Hell, Niedermayer and Pronger occasionally made those mistakes, and they're future HHOF defensemen.

There's a difference between holding players accountable, and lambasting them for every little mistake, while not even acknowledging some of the good they did. There isn't a single person who has said they aren't expecting better from Fowler next season, or that there aren't things he needs to work on. The same goes for Sbisa. The same will go for Vatanen when he gets his chance. And Lindholm. That's part of a player's development.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote