View Single Post
Old
07-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Ok, so last season as the Rick Nash thing dragged on, I went from not wanting any part of him to desperately believing we needed him.

In the playoffs I felt the same way, but watching Kreider and MDZ play made me really happy we didn't just throw those guys away for a guy that might be headed to a bit of a tapering in his career.

Now that I've had time away from the season, I'd like to state that unequivocally I hope we avoid making any major move to gain Nash. I'm not the guy that constantly wants to ship players out of town that work hard for us and put in a ton of effort.

I want to see more goal scoring, but I really believe AA will contribute more, Dubi won't have nearly the season he's coming off of, Stepan will take a step forward, Kreider will show us enough to make us really happy about our future, and Richie won't slump nearly as bad as he did early last season. Those things together with a healthy Staal, a veteran McD, a veteran MDZ, Callahan close to being a consistent threat…

Let things play out. Pitt got worse. Philly isn't terrifying. The Devils are old, on the verge of a post Marty era, and just lost their captain and hardest working player. The Isles are building a core, but they don't have a clear league-wide number 1 in net. Nash could be the one player we need to jump over that hump. But keep in mind, the hump is now a Stanley Cup, after the performance of this passed season's Nash-free team.
If the Rangers are going to take that next step, they need to bring in a top 6 forward. Doesn't have to be Nash, Ryan, or (I hope to God not)Semin. But it is hole that needs to be filled.