Old
07-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospector74 View Post
Filppula is an UFA after this year but Helm is signed for through the 2015-2016 season for $2.125M per year. I'd run at Helm for the longer contract but either/or would fit the bill (just depends on the package being weighted properly on our side of the scales). Hopefully the trade market will heat up tomorrow morning.

Edit: some talk on the main board about Yandle potentially moving. nervous that Darcy doesn't wait too long/play chicken/push too hard for a one-sided deal to the point that suitors decide to shop elsewhere. Could be singing Darcy's praises in 24 or wondering why nothing has happened and feeling sick.
While in a market all things have effect on the other, there may be plenty of separation in the teams interested in acquiring Yandle vs Sekera vs Leopold vs McNabb/Pysyk/etc. Yandle would be targeted as a top pairing guy with the highest cost of the bunch. I don't disagree with the point though and I imagine Darcy's already had some preliminary talks. Though, he may or may not want to hold off to see what happens with these unknown free agent offers he has on the table.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote