View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Eye test.

Thrower was the go to guy on their defense when in comes to offense, he played on the 1st pairing, he faced other teams best lines and shut-down lines, he has better shot, makes better outlet passes and he's younger. Considering fighting I'd take Thrower over Dietz.
Mostly when the "big guys" (Siemens, Dietz) were out with injury/suspension, and mostly towards the end of the year (having proven himself in their absence(s) and being given a larger role by season's end). During a lot of the year, I'm reasonably certain that it was Dietz and Cox starting the PP, for example.

And while Thrower might have a harder shot, I don't think he's nearly as good at getting his shot on net through traffic from the point as Dietz. That might sound funny considering the 18-15 goals in favour of Thrower, but Dietz really has a seeing-eye slapper from the point that rarely gets blocked. Throwers seems to be as much grip it and rip it as anything. And I didn't notice the difference in passing/decision-making that you seem to have.