View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 09:16 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I really think there's a bit of a disconnect here between Columbus (the GM, fans, beat writers) and what Sather is doing.

Sather likes Nash, wants to get Nash, but not so much that it's a must do kind of thing. I think Sather is perfectly content to not trade for Nash at all if it's not the kind of deal he wants. It's been made out to be like the Rangers are so hot after Nash that a deal is inevitable or something, but I really think Sather will let this one slide if it doesn't work out. He's not going to worry about outbidding the Red Wings or hurricanes or something.

Obviously he's not the only one who thinks Nash isn't worth the price being asked, but he's certainly being pushed as the guy who wants Nash more than anyone else and Columbus seems to think that he's just being dumb for not trading all the best assets for Nash, instead of being prudent and not busting the bank for a player the team doesn't absolutely have to have
Carolina wasn't willing to give up Sutter in a deal for Nash but they gave him up in the Staal. Carolina was not willing to give up a lot for Nash before they made the Staal trade. They have less to trade after making the Staal trade. Rutherford gave up Sutter because he was afraid to lose Staal to the Rangers. We don't know what the Rangers offered for Staal but it was probably a player unavailable in the Nash deal. There is some trepidation in trading for Nash. If there wasn't,he would've been traded by now. So many players have moved without a peep. Richards,Carter and Staal. Philly and Pitt didn't need the media to help create a market for those players.