View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
No problem at all if we got Semin......But i am one of the few that liked Nik Zherdev as well.....Always liked players with mad skills who can bring the crowd to its feet at a moments notice with a sick move or crazy snipe that they make look easy.....Players that make it "look easy or effortless " are often looked at as lazy or not caring.....Mike Schmidt the great HOF 3rd basemen was often maligned for being lazy etc....But he was not lazy, he just made it look easy...Same with Jeff Carter in my opinion.Mad Skills here would look nice with ROO ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziU1MkAAK9o

I think there's more to Semin's bad reputation than just that, but what you mentioned about "making it look easy" is what draws me to Semin as a first liner here. It's transcendent ability that allows a player to make a difficult, awkward game like hockey look as natural as a fish in water. With Jagr gone, Giroux is now the only Flyer with true "making it look easy" talent. It's not often you can get talent like that at a bargain. Shane Doan certainly doesn't have it (although he obviously brings a lot else than Semin lacks).

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote