View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 10:12 AM
daveleaf

vCash: 500
I think we got fair value for Schenn coming back. To respond to Mess. We have a lot of young d-men on the team and in the system and we are lacking skilled big bodies up front. You know as much as I do 2 playoffs ago JVR was a truck that was unstoppable. With all the changes in Phy and injuries he slipped a little but he will be a horse on the left side that will be hard to stop. He won't bang but he reminds me a lot of John Leclair but only faster.

With this Schultz thing. The more I thought of it the guy is still a prospect. Really no better than Gus was and Bozak and Christian Hanson and a whole slew of others. He has to make the leap. Guaranteeing the guy a spot on the top four was ridiculous and that is why most teams passed on him. Personally Franson to me is a better d-man and already has a few years of playing against NHL players. He fits perfect in Edm with a team loaded with potential and no finish. They can have him. I would rather have Gardiner, Reily, Percy, Finn. We are finally starting to get some real depth in the organization.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote