Old
07-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Schenn was traded at the right time.

I wanted him to stay a full year under Carlyle and go from there but if he sucked this year his stock would plummet and we'd get nothing substantial for him.

Getting JvR is a great move. I've got no doubt this is going to be his career year.

Lupul and JvR similarities:

4.25 cap hit.
Injured before acquired.
Lupul scores PPG
JvR scores ?????? ?????

To be honest I was getting worried about that. Lets face it, Schenn wasn't that good last year and we were keeping his value up by saying he was still young and would improve under a more defensive system (I do think he would have improved). But if he didn't improve, that means he couldn't play in the run and gun and he couldn't play in a more defensive one, basically meaning his value drops to a bottom pairing guy. If Burke was 100% sure that Schenn would drastically improve, I don't think he would've traded him. I think the few games under Carlyle was enough for Burke to come to the decision that it wasn't guaranteed, he didn't want to take the chance so traded him for something that filled a need of ours. JVR also has great potential. I believe hands down we win the trade next year. It's after that where it gets fuzzy though, Schenn could definitely end up the better player still 5 years down the road.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote