View Single Post
Old
07-05-2012, 11:20 AM
LongTooth

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Offersheet scenarios are either:

1 - A team offers a huge 13 year deal for a large sum of money. They would lose draft picks. David Poile would match everyday of the week as they just did the work for us. Weber doesn't sign this IMO because if he really wants out, he knows we'll match.

2 - A team offers a one year deal for a large sum of money. They would still lose draft picks. Weber would likely sign this. However, is it worth it to that team to lose all those draft picks for a one year deal? Unless of course they knew Weber would absolutely sign with them the following year. But that is a risk I don't see a GM taking.

Given the two scenarios above and how few offersheets are used, I don't see offersheets playing into the Weber scenario.

I think with Weber we will see a large deal here or a trade.
True, but I think the Oilers might be the exception. They've had the last three number one picks, they wouldn't care to lose future number one picks. Even if they forced the Predators to match, it would put us right back in the Hamhuis and Suter situation with Weber the following year.

LongTooth is offline   Reply With Quote